What Is The Role Of The Internet In The Growth Of Online Shopping In Pakistan-2021?

What Is The Role Of The Internet In The Growth Of Online Shopping In Pakistan-2021?

in News

Online shopping is growing in the whole world. At the same time, it is also becoming more popular in Pakistan. There are different contributing factors to the popularity and growth of online shopping in Pakistan.

Overwhelming access to the internet for people is undoubtedly the principal factor for the popularity of online shopping in Pakistan.

Technology is a benignant servant. The people of Pakistan utilize technology in their different spheres of life, and online shopping is one of them.

Global Statistics Of Internet Users

The world has become digital. Globally, six out of ten people use the internet. It means nearly sixty percent of the global population is online now. 

As per the latest data, more than 330 million new internet users joined the digital world in 2020. This data reveals that the number of global internet users has crossed 4.7 billion till April 2021.

How Much Time Do Users Spend On The Internet Every Day?

The users who are between the age of 16 to 64 years spend seven hours on the internet daily. So they spend forty percent of their waking time on the internet. When we look at this data from a global perspective, we become aware that these daily figures reach 32 billion hours a day. It means users remain 3.7 million years period of time online daily.

online shopping in Pakistan

 Devices Wise Segregation Of Online Time 

The use of the internet through mobile phones is around 3 hours 35 minutes. It means globally, 52 percent of the share of internet use goes to mobile devices. We are living in a mobile-first world and not in a mobile-only world. The remaining 48 percent of users access the internet through their laptops, desktops, and tablet-like devices.

Region-Wise Segregation Of Internet Users

More than 90 percent of people in the developed world like Northern America and Western Europe have access to the internet. On the other hand, less than 25 percent of people in the underdeveloped world like Eastern Africa have access to the internet. More than 3 billion people will further get internet access in a decade.

What Is The Impact Of Internet Access On Social Media?

Both internet users and social media users are increasing side by side. There is an increase of above 12 percent every year in the number of social media users. During the last twelve months, more than 450 million new social media users have emerged.

Global social media users have crossed the critical figure of 4 billion now. That means they are now more than 50 percent of the total population of the world. According to this data, more than 90 percent of internet users access social media at least once a month.

Statistics Of Internet Use In Pakistan

Pakistan is a developing country. Its population is more than 222 million. The male population here is 51.5 percent, and 48.5 percent is female. Its urban population is 37.3 percent, and the remaining 62.7 percent of people live in rural areas of the country.

Nearly 11 million new internet users emerged between 2020 and 2021. Now, more than 61 million Pakistanis use the internet. Pakistan has about 46 million social media users, while mobile connections here have crossed 173 million.

More than 7 million new mobile connections have transpired from January 2020 to April 2021. In Pakistan, more than 75 percent of the population has a mobile connection now.

online shopping in Pakistan

The Significant  Impact Of The Internet Access On Online Shopping In Pakistan

Internet access has positively influenced online shopping in the whole world. And the same is the case in Pakistan. Both the number of internet users and online shoppers is increasing here.

New online shopping websites are emerging in Pakistan at a rapid speed. These online stores are using the latest technologies for their websites and digital marketing. They are well aware of the importance of the latest trends. E-commerce websites are becoming more user-friendly.

The novel growth of online shopping in Pakistan is grateful to internet access directly. The success of online shopping stores is directly proportionate to internet growth.

online shopping in Pakistan